Monday, December 11, 2006

December 11

Let's see... the last few days have been pretty quiet. Although on Friday we went to Melissia, Ari, and Mina's house to play, and had a great time. We made miraculous chocolate chip cookies, they were miraculous because we have no idea how much flour Trev added while Melissia wasn't looking, and he threw in chocolate chips before the flour, etc, :), and they actually turned out alright.
Also he made a couple of Christmas ornaments out of a cinnamon and applesauce dough.
We like hanging out with them!

Yesterday I got to go to Teri's (she's an unschooling friend) and make a beautiful Waldorf doll for Madeleine for Christmas. I'm so excited about it! I considered last year buying a kit and making one, but was concerned that I might mess it up, and the kit was about $70 if I remember right. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make one with Teri. I had a wonderful time spending the day with those ladies.

Trev and Maddie are under the weather... we're supposed to host a craft day at our house on Thursday for a few friends, but I'm not sure if the children will be well enough by then. Maybe we'll hold off 'til next week. We'll be making stained glass ornaments.

We're also s'posed to go to Playgroup on Wednesday, and to help Robyn clean up her new house on Friday morning. Later that night I hava a Mama's Retreat up Daniels canyon, I believe, and get to spend the night playing with the mama's. Woohoo! For those that are making our dolls, we'll finish up those, make the outfit for her, etc. I'm so looking forward to it! First night ever away from home, though, so it'll probably be pretty strange.
I'm hoping next Tuesday (the 19th) we'll be able to see Frosty the Snowman at the children's theatre, the afternoon matinee.

Trying to enjoy the holiday season, and get lots of fun in. Soon enough it will be very, very quiet and still, and we'll be spending the remaining cold winter days indoors.
For now I'm enjoying the season, and having fun shopping for everyone.
That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!