Monday, July 16, 2007

And there you have it.

"Mom. Before you were married... when did you first meet Daddy?"
"Oh. I don't know. Probably back in..... 1989? 1988? No, it had to have been 1989."
"Was Daddy wearing a mask?"
"What? Was Daddy wearing a mask? No." lol.
"Did you meet in prehistoric times? About 50,000 years ago?"
"Uh, well, not that I am aware of. It's possible, though."

Daddy enters the patio, asks me about the mask, and I let him read what I'm writing.

He laughs about the 50,000 years ago thing.
And then... "Why would I be wearing a mask? Am I really ugly?"
"Well, when I was in Mommy's tummy, I was really confused about things. And then when I was a baby, it was really frustrating. And so I had to grow up really fast. And now I'm a six year old!"

Huh.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! If I could only remember where I put my car keys last night:)

    Brings a couple great quotes to mind:

    "Grown men can learn from very little children, for the hearts of little children are pure. Therefore, the Great Spirit may show to them many things which older people miss."- Black Elk

    "The ones that matter most are the children. They are the true human beings."- Lacota Sioux proverb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!