Wednesday, September 05, 2007

September 5

Started off with great made up stories at the breakfast table. I accidentally brought in a jumping spider in a dish from the yard, so we had the chance to study him for a while. I don't know what kind he is, there are over 5,000 species of them. Sorta like beetles. But he had a bright orange spot, and four beautiful bright green eyes.Course after we had him for a bit we had to sing Itsy Bitsy Spider for fifteen minutes straight.

Trev has been fascinated again lately with Egypt, we bought a new Egypt book the other day at Barnes and Noble. He looked at that for a while today, then wanted to play the Mummy Maker game that we discovered a couple of months ago after we played a new one that we found here.

After that we tried to find a game about Frankenstein, as Trev has also been terribly interested in him (though I don't dare get out one of the old movies, I am afraid it would make him cry. It always does me, when the townspeople want to lynch him.)

While all that was going on we had a delightful time of blowing in ears, and laughing, and loving. Then we were off to cuddle with stories.

It's been a really, really great day. Lots of (unplanned) learning, (spontaneous) loving, and (joyous) living.

My favorite sort of day.

5 comments:

  1. Great pic of the spider Steph! I've never seen one that close before. We get those ones in our house occasionally, I love them.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The golfer and I are a *tad* arachnophobic...I can't imagine having anything like that in my house and surviving. lol. maybe an overstatement, but that's how afraid I am of them. Golfer already refuses to visit Texas because they have tarantulas there.

    Other than that, it looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear ChildsPLay - sorry to have given you the hebiejeebies.
    Was not my intent.
    Wold it help if I were to say that jumping spiders eat other harmful spiders in our environment?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't really help to mention they eat other spiders....it just makes me think that YIKES! There are other spiders out here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!