Monday, September 17, 2007

Our Last Hoorah

And so we close this final week of Summer Vacation.
Although we had planned to visit Moon Lake (you may remember that we were thwarted a trip a few weeks ago) we called to make reservations for our cabin, and they were closing early this year. Closed right after Labor Day.
So instead of trying to do some last minute camping, with so much gear, and such a big dog, we decided to play our days away, instead.
And so we have.
It's been grand playing and lazing, and we will surely miss Daddy tomorrow when we wake up, and he is long gone. And he'll be missing us, too.

For our last night we went to The Museum of Ancient Life.
It's a great museum, and child friendly.
I took a few pictures, and then my batteries were dead, and something is up with my charger, so my spares were out, too.
But I managed to get a few.

We had a great time, as always.
I learned that when lightning hits sand, it makes glass tubes. Did you know that? Here are a few...
Here is a shot of one of my favorite things at the museum, a picture of what Earth looked like during the Cambrian period.
The Cambrian and the Carboniferous are my favorite periods - I think I mentioned that last time we went to this museum. We enjoyed ourselves, as I said, and now they're all snuggled in on the couch, watchin' a Scooby-Doo movie. Next up is Before the Dinosaurs - our newest one.
All is well.

3 comments:

  1. The only reason I know about sand/glass/lightning is because I watched 'Sweet Home Alabama'. :)

    Did you see the show on History Channel, "How the Earth was Made"?

    http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=detail&episodeId=242366

    It's all the kids could talk about this morning. The golfer was all, "and then, 4.5 billion years ago....and then, 4 billion years ago....and then...and then..." Sounds like it's right up your alley. No dinosaurs, but lots of pics of what the earth would have looked like through the different stages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. S.A. - No, but I remember seeing an ad about it, and thought "we've gotta watch that!" I thought it was tonight, but it's not on.
    The history channel has been great lately, I seem to remember it only being wars, which I"m not really all that interested in, but lately it's been tons of earth history.
    Loving that!
    I'll check it out and see if it is going to be on again soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet home alabama movie is exactly what i thought too. :) fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!