Tuesday, October 16, 2007

October 16

Painting at 8:55am and more painting
and yet even more painting.
Horsin' around.
The building of skeletonsand railroads and 'tip 'em over' tracks.
The making of ghosts.

Landscaping rivers and oceans for a land lost in time (yes my daughter goes through about six outfits in a day.)

Learning the rules of dominoesand hide-and-go-seek.
Leaping tall buildings in a single bound.

Saving the world from evil aliens.
Then snuggling in for a favorite movie on a dark and rainy sort of afternoon.

It's 4:14 and all is well.

4 comments:

  1. I would have posted right after reading this, but I had to go take a nap just hearing and seeing what you all have been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those handprint ghosts! We've been doing a lot of halloween crafts around here this week, and I think the kids would love doing those too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evie and CP/SA:
    Eventually I got to a point where I looked at the mess around me, heard the quiet of Madd being asleep, and thought "Okay, I gotta check out and regroup for a few minutes!"
    :)
    On days like this we go along swimmingly, then all of a sudden, I'm like - wait - time for thinking and quiet!

    Julie - It's a great craft, just our style - doesn't take too long! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!