Tuesday, February 26, 2008

in search of Spring

Today we headed out the door on a Grand Adventure - with the intent of searching out signs of Spring.

First up -
Construction.Yup. Construction is definitely a Sign Of Spring.
(Who cares that it's been going on for a month or more? We're counting it!)

We were thinking bugs, green living things, bird nests, flowers, whatever we could find.
We were on a mission.
Oooooh, moss!
Tiny yarrow leaflets. Oh - that for sure counts!
"Jasmine? Is it okay if we stop for a minute? I'm getting dizzy rolling down this hill. And I don't want to mess up my hair. I want to look as handsome as I can!"Twidderpated.
Definitely spring.
Stop off for a Pina Colada slurpee.
Well.
That definitely counts.

Home sweet home.

3 comments:

  1. I like the 7-Eleven logo in the background.
    I'm also thinking how much I want to move somewhere warmer. My yard is covered with 3 feet of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - sometimes we have more snow.
    Sometimes less.
    The three days of rain went a loooong way toward melting a lot of it.
    Fine with me!

    It's really only been nice for a few days around here (the rainy days and then two days of sunshine.)

    We just jump right on it when it is!

    Hang in there!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. See when its never really winter, its harder to know when spring is. My daffodils bloomed a few weeks ago. but there are no buds on the deciduous trees. It doesn't get to freezing temperatures, but it doesn't get super warm either. I love this post of the fun signs that spring is coming that come with a real winter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!