Sunday, November 09, 2008

utterings

Trev, upon being thoroughly vexed with his sister: "You tiny tucular jack-ass!"

Trev: "Mom, I think you need a brain trans-plan."
"Do I? Who's plan are we going to use?"

A Complaining Maddie: "Trevy is sending me to Jack-ass Island!"

Trev: "You're minimizing my options."

Trev: "I look like a gentleman!" He was in jeans and a long-sleeved t-shirt, mind you. "I don't like these gentlemanly clothes! I don't want to be a gentleman! I'm a Adventurer!!"

Trev: "Did you guys know that the electric lightbulb was not invented until 1902?"

Trev: "Dad! Don't make the seatbelt touch my hair - it feels poisonous!"

Trev (when trying on ski gloves): "I don't wanna straighten my fingers! They get into the name of Gentleman!"

Trev: "It takes a certain experience and knowing to meet someone. I mean - it takes a certain knowing, and you have this.... excitement that's inside of you that you have to keep inside, and know it... I'm not sure what it takes exactly to meet Obama, but you have to keep the knowing of it inside, sometimes."
I'm not sure exactly what he meant, but it doesn't matter. He's processing in wisdom, and I adore him. He adores Obama. I don't know where the adulation comes from - but it's certainly there.

2 comments:

  1. hee hee hee. there it is again...jackass island. hee hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, i loved your last few posts! Trev's thought are so great! Furry metal looks fun too, and i need to check out the big book of living things!-K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!