Sunday, January 04, 2009

call me

So Trev's rooting around for food (actually going for sourpatch kids) and his mama says "Hungry? How 'bout something besides candy?"
He looks in the fridge, and comes up with a box of pizza.
"Where'd you get that?"
"Dad brought it home to me last night." Eric is Head Chef at a place that includes little gourmet pizzas on their menu.
I looked at Eric. "How did it come to be that you brought him home a pizza last night?"
"He called me." Now we don't have things programmed into the phone. And I've probably only told Trev Eric's work number like six times or so in the past. And not at all in the last six weeks.
"Huh?"
"Yeah. He calls me sometimes after you're in bed." He grinned. "I asked him last night if he has it written down, or if he just calls me from memory. He just has it memorized. So he calls me."
Well then.

4 comments:

  1. they are full of surprises aren't they

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband is a chef? So is mine!

    Those ice towers and blocks are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that is so funny! lol

    I love your suncatchers. We've made ice wreaths - I should post about them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny!

    My son figured out how to get through the numbers in my phone...whew. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!