Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Proximity Award

I'm a little (or maybe a lot) late with this one, but here it is.

A new friend (Peggy from Rock, Paper, Lizards) gifted me with this award a few days ago-- and now The Lynch Family from Circle the World In Big has sent it my way, as well.

About the award : This award is given to a blog that invests and believes in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated.
Pass the award to 3 folks who make up part of your extended blogging family.


Well, I do believe in making the world a smaller place by way of friendship and love, so I gladly accept, and pass it on to three -- since it says "extended blogging family" and not "regular blogging family" :) I'll pass it on to folks that I've recently (relatively) been smitten with. And that are far away.

Nikki (Australia New Zealand!) at A Delight-Filled Life. Whose adventures in living said life are sweet and lovely.

Mon (world village) of Holistic Mama because she believes in making the world a smaller place, and likes to fill it up with love, too.

And LadybugZen (Japan) of Collecting Leaves - she's not a new friend but (it seems) an old one - but she brings the world out there a lot closer to me. She helps to remind me that we're all connected.

Thanks to the lovely ladies who sent this my way, and thanks to all those connected with us who bring the big, glorious world to our door.

In friendship, Stephanie

7 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so glad I found you folks! Keep up the good life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie! I love how blogging can close the distance on friendships. PS: I'm a little further south from Aussie. I'm in New Zealand... ;). It's ok, a lot of blogging people seem to think I'm from from Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Stephanie :) Loving your blog!
    Just have to point out though, that Nikki is not in Australia, she's in New Zealand :D Mixing up Aussie & NZ Is like calling a Canadian an American lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a lovely goal for bloggers. I definitely on board with that idea. I might stalk the winners just to find nice people to talk to on the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doh!!
    I even knew that!!!
    Sorry, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Stephanie,
    thank you so much. i accept this lovely award and am honored and humbled. and of course i will pass along the love. sharing is always a good thing.

    Om Shanti,
    cyndi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!