Saturday, February 21, 2009

buzzing bees

Ah, Saturday.
Busy, busy.

On our list today:
Go to the trampoline store (they are only open on Saturday off-season) to get 27 new springs.

Go get two bookshelves to replace the ones that Mama dumped downstairs to bring upstairs.

Clean up the patio.

Pick up the winter debris from the back yard. (and there is mucho debris.)

Cut back aaaaallllll perennials (nope, we haven't yet.)

Find my blasted favorite pruning tool! (it's driving me crazy!)

Cut back raspberries.

(Roses are done!)

Clean house.

Clean and clear the garden-- gotta see how we're doing on strawberries and gotta make room for peas.

Scoot the top (colorful) layer to the side and turn the compost.

* * *

It begins, then.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very exciting day! I'd be out there in the garden today, too, but I have a baby shower to go to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that it is time for all this where you live! Who knew! ;) You must have a great long growing season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you do to your roses? I think that I need to cut mine back. I have had a hard time training them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!