Tuesday, March 24, 2009

march 24

Today has been an interesting (and quite wonderful) day.

We started out reading

with Really Wild Animals: Dinosaurs

and planning our day.

There was Spore
Zoo Tycoon
Peep

puzzles

Reader Rabbit

and the making of butterfly feeders.
We looked at symmetry...
and decided to do a little experiment of our own.




Looks to me like Trev's face is pretty symmetrical. The angle is off a little, giving him "a chubby face", as he put it, :) but they both look like him. Maddie's, on the other hand, look like someone else to me.
Interesting!

Martha Speaks!
Twice.
While jumping on Mama's bed. hmmph.

We signed up for the Great Sunflower Project.

And went for a walk - looking for Spring in our neighborhood.
Bird nests, bugs, flowers, blossoms.

So much fun. :)

We found blossoms, of course.
And while we were out played Red Light, Green Light

hide-and-go-seek

:)


balancing games
and kick the walnut.
And "ooh, would you look at that. The walnut busted open. Mmmmmm."
Better take some for the road.
There was The Eating of Leaves -beet greens-
[shrug]

Toes Propped on the Heat Vent (it's cold out there)

and tellie. Flintstones from the library, actually.

There was more readingor studying
or research
or whatever it was

and a trek to the library. Our books were in!!

We're home.
We're Juiced.
And we're ready to snuggle in.

'Til tomorrow, then.

9 comments:

  1. I am going to look at our symmetry too...great idea.
    I love sunflowers and butterflies!
    I want a garden full of sunflowers, butterflybushes and one cherrytree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to explore symmetry. I will have to file it away in my brain somewhere. I was so happy to wake up and see that you posted. It's such a great way to start the day. Makes me think about things with a new and fresh perspective. Love it, love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. symmetry exercise is way cool...
    Owen is really looking forward to both butterflys and his new favorite hummingbirds. We'll be giving the feeder you mentioned a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the symmetry photos are so interesting, I've never really thought about that before. The butterfly feeders are lovely, so colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, the symmetry activity looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun day! I've been sneakily using the novelty of nice weather here to be all, "Go play outside!" and get some of my own work done inside. A kid comes in crying, I nurse her for a minute, then, "Hey, why don't you go play outside!" A kid comes in hungry, I make some food, then, "Hey, why don't you eat outside!"

    Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do such amazing things with your children. And your photography skills are beautiful! I try my hardest to make each moment a learning experience so your blog is very inspiring! I could have used the symmetry thing when I was teaching it to Highschoolers a few years back lol. where you were then?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The symmetry thing is fascinating - but (revealing total lack of knowledge here) - HOW do you do that particular thing with the photos??? i guess one way would be to take a physical photo and use a hand mirror...but it looks like you did it on yer puter...(scratches head)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Slim - I took the picture straight on, and then cut it in half.
    (Cropped it.)

    After that, I flipped the side horizontally, and merged the two (same) halves together.

    I used Photoshop Elements.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!