Sunday, May 17, 2009

a summer's day

Today was our first summer's day.
How lovely.

This afternoon we headed downtown for our annual Living Traditions festival.

Where we enjoyed booming drums

yummy food

a Native American pow wow
and got to see many fine Crafters creating their art.



Home again, home again
jiggety jig
Where we lazed by the pond
- but only for a second -
and then peeled ourselves up to attend a Very Important Duty.
Maybe even The Most Important Duty of the Summer.
I'm sure we'll see you tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Fun pics, Stephanie! I especially like the rainbow fringe dancer....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to start the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glorious day. The pictures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so fortunate to have such treats to go to! Fab time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you fixin' to blow up a pool in the last pic??

    The festival looks like fun.

    One of my favorite parts of summer is enjoying all the festivals/county fairs and outdoor entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome festival, I love those! Those, and summer days with appearances of cute banjo players...

    ReplyDelete
  7. K - we saw him a few weeks ago when we went to the planetarium and children's museum, too.

    The next time I see him I'm keeping him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic festival! The clothing is so beautiful and the weaving is just amazing. I would love to be able to weave like that, one of my many "to dos" in my lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fun time! The festival as well as the hanging out in the yard:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun!

    I really miss the pow-wows ... I used to live in New Mexico and went often. I actually lived in a town owned by an Indian Reservation too, and could go to certain public festivals. Sigh.

    Love those photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!