Wednesday, July 29, 2009

july 28: walkin' softly

After lazing the morning away myself with reading and nodding off ("What!?" she appeals defensively), and after being reminded the other (re-organizing) day of such treasures on our shelves as Captains Courageous and King Solomon's Mines, I grabbed a few books and called Trev.
"What do you want to read next?" I asked.
I read him the descriptions on the back of each... he wasn't very enthusiastic with any of my offerings. Hmmmm...
"Hey! What about this!? Let's read this."
It was Because of Winn-Dixie.
The plan was to read at least a chapter a day-- if we don't read every day then we lose our interest in the story.
So...
We read the whole book.
All 180 pages, I think it was.
A fine story, that Winn-Dixie.
And a great way to spend an afternoon.

During the very end of the story, Daddy came home and it was time for us to race off to our historic farm-- Mama had a photography class to attend offered by a Pro in our Urban Homesteaders group.
Again, not a bad way to pass the time.





\
What can I say?
Life is good.

6 comments:

  1. You've got an eye for photography Stephanie ~ your pics are always interesting and full of feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos.

    I always walk around and see things and think "that would make an awesome picture"...and I try to capture it, but its not quite right.

    Yours are quite lovely and magical :)

    I love those times of reading that are intended to be a couple chapters and end up finishing the book. what a great day you had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Tara. Such lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly do take great photos - the essence and energy of the moment. It is so good to get lost in a book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are so fantastic. You definitely see things in an original way. I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!!! These photographs are brilliant! I wish I knew anything about photography... after a bazillion snaps I am still snapping - the photographic light just hasn't gone on for me yet!!! But that old truck is simply awesome... Hope you guys have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!