Friday, July 17, 2009

july sixteen: a friendly sort of day

Madeleine and I started our day with a few books on the back patio.
(Uh... everything is On The Back Patio these days... the house is a near disaster, and 'tis best avoided 'til someone cleans it up. :) )

To the park!
For chasing gulls
and friends.

And merry-g0-rounds
and snowcones
and a picnic lunchand happy chaos.

Back at our house later, "Hey, Damek," from Trevelyn, "Why did the existential chicken cross the road?"
And then... "Hey, Mom. What does existential mean?"
"Existential is a really difficult concept to conceive and explain (by its very nature)..."
"You mean it's arduous?"
What can you do but grin, at that point?


Soon everyone was completely worn out,
and we walked our friends home (to the end of getting to see their baby Madagascar Cockroaches. oooooooh.)
Which meant a lovely walk at dark on the way back home and a direct crawl into bed.

A lovely day!
We look forward to more fun with them this evening....

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I'm such a BABY about ferris wheels....terrify me. And anything spinny puts me in a dizzy fit for days. Needless to say, I am NO FUN at amusement parks! HA! I just make my hubby or sister ride and I stay on the ground and take pictures. ;)

    Beautiful photos, love the one of Maddie on the ferris wheel. Now I must go and look up arduous!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy chaos..yes...you certainly are making the most of your summer. Adore the snowcone photo...what a beautiful girl you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun funpark. And I just love that you have a back porch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photos, your daughter is so beautiful Stephanie! It looks like you guys certainly know how to enjoy your days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!