Friday, January 15, 2010

january 15

I began my day with making my (long-awaited for) Zen Garden.


'Course, later on the babes joined in later and helped and played....

There were small bits of television
and nintendo
and computer games

and then Madeleine remembered her bowl, and we finished that project.



We'll probably be making one for Grammy for a Valentine's gift...

Along the lines of all those lectures I listened to yesterday -it was definitely a day for Listening, yesterday-
(and I got to go hear John Taylor Gatto speak last night with my friend Julie!)
I started thinking of water painting,
and on how to make a water painting board (still thinking on it....)


and so we played.


We tested out our walkytalkies... Trevelyn took them out into the Wild Blue Yonder to check out our range... so far so good....

There has been the usual Art

and the usual Music

and the usual Laughter

and the usual Love...



And all is Right and Fine with the world.
See you tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. It's intriguing to me how parallel our lives run at times. I was just about to take a picture of my zen garden that Gray discovered - and demolished. It's not as calming for him as it is for me. ;)

    That candy bowl is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that.
    :)
    Always makes me smile.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. luv! that! bowl! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that bowl too! great post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count me amongst the people who love the bowl! And even more adorable with the conversation hearts in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got to hear Gatto?! Lucky dog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another bowl loving mama! Cool That you got JTG speak, he is on my list. Another good day at OLM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to play with my little zen garden - I could use a little zen right now.

    I'd love to hear more about the JTG talk - what was your favorite insight?

    love, love, love the bowl with the sweet pea heart :)

    Thanks for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I just found your blogs through Sarah from The Forest Room, and love them! :) I love the ending of this post. I so relate. Why is it so many people (well, ladies in particular) resist us Mama's being "right with our world"? Something I find anyway. :( Still, all is right in my world too, and I thank you for your blogs. :)
    Blessings,
    Saminda xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanna a zen garden! lol

    Water painting has been a big hit here since the kids were wee, a wonderful relaxing activity for them and no stress and mess for the mama lol. Painting fences work well here (wrong season for you atm though!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. A water painting board! I also long for one, and DEF want to DIY one, although one day I also might break down and buy one on Amazon with my swagbucks--it's easier to buy extravagences with stuff that doesn't seem like real money, anyway. But seriously, whatever is used to make a Buddha board can't be as expensive as a Buddha board!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that bowl. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!