Sunday, March 14, 2010

sunday: doorways

Yeah, doorways.

I was pondering what my agitation of late is from -
I'm totally in love with the children
divinely happy and safe within my relationship with my husband
our home isn't in total disarray
- which will often bring stressed feelings of discontent and aggravation -
so what was it?

Finally I realized that I was feeling rather crowded.
Crowded by new thoughts that I didn't have time
or room
or quiet
to process
crowded by the clouds and cold and rain
crowded by closed windows and shut doors.

Altogether crowded by messy doorways.


Clear the doorways!


Doorways are fine things, aren't they?


They offer exploration.


Investigation.


Hope.

New.

Add Image
Fresh ideas.


Clean air.

The whole


big

wide

world.


Yeah,


that's better.

Our doorways are cleared.

And ready to be thrown open wide

for the next few days.

Life is good,

and we welcome it eagerly.

6 comments:

  1. I am a homeschooling mom of two girls and I so appreciate your blog! I laugh out loud often at our similar experiences educating these wonderful children of ours. Keep up the great work:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, that's it. pretty much. in a nutshell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post! And I must say, I love your washroom. The crispness of the color white coupled with the airy feeling from the all your house plants looks so relaxing ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post! I keep a sage smudge stick in the kitchen for mornings when I wake up feeling blocked like that. Just clearing the doorways with the sweet, smokey smell usually does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go!!! Now that is a neat and tidy home all ready for action!!! What a way to start the week!!! You go girl...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!