Tuesday, March 23, 2010

march twenty-three

morningtime for Mama.



warmth
.



creating.

research.


seeking.

a neighborhood walk - a 'Happiness' walk.

where we found walnuts.

crocus.




Yellow.


imagination.

back home for warm, homemade soup,

and then two chapters of Harry's story.

there was a little while of
Whatever
for each of us...


and then kneading,

jumping,

and working.


solitaire - addition style.

creating spring!

while listening to Vivaldi's Spring of The 4 Seasons.

more painting.
for a beloved friend.

while listening to Dora's World Adventure! this time.


bread sculpting.


for pretzels!

painting.
again.
and again.intro to body parts as painting tools.
(neither one of them have been much interested in finger painting.)

new ideas.
new flavors.
and new things.

and another neighborhood walk.

* * *

and now it feels as if we've traveled the Whole Wide World today.

and that's quite enough for me.

21 comments:

  1. Your days seems as if they must always be three times as long as ours. :) Sounds lovely...and love that first photo. -Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oof. well today certainly felt long!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of the chubby hands kneading the dough just did. me. in.

    My kids never have been interested in finger painting either. We've done hand and feet painting, but the whole body painting is really where it's at. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trevys' hands. :)
    And I'm thinking "whole body painting" with a few squirts of paint onto the trampoline soon - when it's warm enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do seem to squeeze so much in every day :)
    I love the rain drops in the first picture. And the apple? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. body painting is popular here. :) what a lovely full day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the puddle pictures! Especially the one where she made the big splash! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deliciousness!! Love the new header...very *awakening* and spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A DANDELION?! That makes me hopeful Spring may have really sprung! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. An awesome day - our neighborhood walks are still pretty snowy - but it is going away slowly - thankfully - so there will be less flooding...

    ReplyDelete
  11. the bread looks awesome yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love love love the splashy mud puddle picture :-)
    All of your pictures are always so striking. That bread looks amazing. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Outstanding puddle jumper pic....

    The pretzels look divine :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Momma time, I look forward to it so much. Even if I can only get it in the wee hours before dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of things going on in your house yesterday.
    You always inspire me :) My girls saw the paint, and of course now they want to paint....well after they are done watching Mulan.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful times...Thoes pretzels look so yummy! I love your header as well. Glimpsing your life makes me so happy.
    -Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  17. so much in one day...you are my role model!
    great post, life is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, gosh, Carol, don't say that! I'll feel even more inept and inadequate - regardless if you truly mean it or are just flattering!!

    (having one of those weird "wait, do I really belong here?" days...)

    :/
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am always so amazed at how much you fit into each day - and how beautifully you do it all!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll have some warm apples too please. Your puddle photos are wonderful! I love the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  21. no seriously I mean it!
    but no pressure intended :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!