Monday, April 26, 2010

april twenty-six

The children began their day today out jumping.
And with a bit of Godzilla play.


Mama needed the computers and television off for a little while, so Trev and I sat down with a new book (we finished Peter Pan the other day) and read the first half - six chapters - of H.G. Wells story The Time Machine.

Cousin called, and wanted to play DinoRun, so Trev got to play with her while chatting on the phone.  Always a favorite, that.

There was dirt.

And cars.


And watermelon.
And canteloupe
and digging
and transplanting
and idea sharing
and maintaining


and fixing.


And there was something like....
Captivation.
And
-following suit-
Capitulation.


"Eric..."
"Yeah, babe?"
"Turn around.  When you see those bright, green, (thrilling, mesmerizing, captivating, nodding, enchanting, swaying, speaking) Glowing Things... do you just... Stop.  And think, 'Wow.'?"
"Uh...They're nice."
I looked at him.
"Um.  Yeah.  I mean... they're great.  Yeah."
My look wasn't accusing, honest.  But it did answer my question.
"What??", he then asked.

To the forefront of my mind comes...
something that looks like
a quiet,


reverent,


gasping,


sighing...


"Oh. 


"Oh, my."

That's how I feel today, friends.


An
extended,
swept up
drifting
romantical
impossible
thrilling
cherished
-and cherishing-
Appreciation.



For this soft breeze.
This first strawberry flower.
This beginning of Calendula.
Bare feet.
For this warmth.
For this Big.
And this Strong.

And this family.

For this life
and this Love
... and This.
The all of it.


The everything.

I
am
grateful.

11 comments:

  1. Isn't life just wonderful, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful it is, this new life intermingling with the old, into an infinite strand of joy... I feel it too, dear sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunshine, bright blossoms and a beautful family..... all fill up a grateful heart. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, growing things! We've had rain here since Friday, so when it stops raining soon (today? tomorrow? hmmn...) I first expect to be very annoyed at the amount of mowing and weed-eating that I have to do, then I expect to be very happy at all the beautiful growing things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful post. your photos are so sweet. how precious to sense the moment and relish in it.
    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scout loved the Time Machine - and then he read War of the Worlds - I thought it would be too scary - but he loved it too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made me a bit teary with this one! It is just so EXACTLY how I feel :-)

    The swing picture rocks, as do they all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The swing pictures are pure joy. all of the photos actually!

    ReplyDelete
  9. To be thankful for what you have is a real gift in itself.

    Lovely photos. I like the shiny peeking out bunches - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love this line:

    An
    extended,
    swept up
    drifting
    romantical
    impossible
    thrilling
    cherished
    -and cherishing-
    Appreciation.

    It is making me a smiling happy woman right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful post...there is so much beauty and joy in the simplest of things...the sheer bliss of seeing a flower blooming, the joy of seeing a child swinging...oh, how wonderful to savour and share these little snippets of one's day!!
    bliss
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!