Thursday, May 20, 2010

Art With Paper

We first saw this idea in a library book (Everyday Art : Making Art with Paper) and changed it a little bit to suit us.

First we made frames from a piece of paper that we chose for our background color.

We folded the edges in, cut, and then taped them. Use glue if you don’t want it visible.

We curled paper – to do this, cut (we chose to tear, as we wanted a more textured look and feel) strips of paper, to make an easy curl, make sure to tear or cut with the grain of the paper.
Just wrap it around a pencil to curl it.

We also made frames for within the art piece with a narrow folded piece of paper.

When we had enoughrolled paper to get started, we squirted glue all over the paper so that our rolled paper would stay in place.

We put the frames in as soon as we had enough paper to keep it in place.

We filled it where we wanted to, and left it loose when we liked that, too.

Such a fun and pretty project!

4 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable activity. I do want to try this and hang it up. Thanks for sharing this amazing craft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. We are definitely putting this on our list of crafts to do this week! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I did something similar with older kids. We took thin strips of paper and curled it and then used them to create hearts and other shapes to make 3D greeting cards. I like this because I could do it with my own daughter soon! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this . I might give it a whirl with my sculpture class tomorrow

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!