Monday, July 05, 2010

ten thousand kisses

i absolutely love days of ten thousand kisses -

every three minutes or so the babes come rushing back to cuddle and love and rest and re-connect.

"Wanna come back to lay on the tramp with me?" (Trev)

"I love you, soooo, so, so, so, so, so, so.... (and on for at least three minutes)... very much!  Do you love me that much?"  (Maddie)
"Mmmm, I love you even more than that."
"Wow!  You must really love me a lot!"
"I must!!"

there's lots of skin and soft ruffles of hair and petting and snuggling.

it's quiet, and breezy, and soft and easy.

love and kisses rise forth and rule.
that will do.

7 comments:

  1. My absolute favorite too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know the book "Mama, Do You Love Me?" by Barbara M. Joosse and Barbara Lavallee? Your story reminds me of that book. If you don't know it, you should find it in the library. You guys would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post mamma!
    :) maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! That reminds me of Scout when he was little he'd greet me with 'a thousand kisses' and just kiss-kiss-kiss my face all over...

    ReplyDelete
  5. And yet it's sad that kids who are separated from thier parents for most of the day at school don't get all those moments. I notice a disconnect between those kids and thier parents, and it makes me feel blessed all over again for the thousands and thousands more kisses and cuddles I can get from my kids every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. We must of had at least a thousand kisses (and snuggles) today too. It sure is the BEST! -Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!