Monday, April 27, 2009

Wall of Art

So mentioned a while back that we want to put to use our wide and very blank hall.

Lately it gets utilized well-ly and thoroughly, as we have two book shelves there now that house recent kitchen table projects and supplies.

A couple of days ago I saw a post that someone had made 8x10 "homemade clipboards". (Let me just say here, that if it was you, please let me know, as I've looked and looked for it so I can link, but I can't find it!)
Brilliant!, thought I.
Not that we have a need for more clipboards... but we do have this wall that I intend for Art and for family photos, but I don't have frames for each and every size and shape of project.
But a board....with a clothes pin for a clip.....


I ran to the craft store to get two large, heavy pieces of mat board (at least that's what I think it's called), some ribbon to match Maddie's board, ad some pretty wrapping paper.

For Maddie's I taped on the paper, and then wove ribbon (you could certainly use ric-rac for this, I just didn't have any that would match, and you'd need a lot of it) over the board, and hot-glued it to the back.
Trev's paper is taped on (onto the back), and then clothes pins are glued directly to the paper.
Tada!Love it.

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! The Wall of Art looks fantastic. :) I love seeing how everyone displays their art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Fill it up, and i know you all will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea and they look good. We have two big corkboards up. One with pictures of us but mostly the children which I change every three months or so. They love to see a whole board covered in photos of them doing this and that - otherwise the pictures seem to be almost forgotten saved on the computer. The 2nd is for art, seasonal bits, posters of shows we attended and whatever else is of interest for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly -
    Yeah, we'll change it, too. I'm sure some will come down and go into the recycling, and new ones put in their place. :)

    I have a cork one downstairs that I considered using, but it's heavy and I worried about messing up the mortar in the brick wall. So this one is really light, hung by a nail that's been there, and the other by a tiny one that I can't see doing any damage!

    I've been thinking today which photos are my favorite to print out and frame to put up on that wall also...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, what a great idea! I know I've got some scrapbook paper and spare clothespins around here somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I'm digging the pattern too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!