Saturday, September 19, 2009

september nineteen

"Is that a trapezoid?" were the first words out of Madeleine's mouth today after "Good Morning." and sitting down for a minute with the geo board and ball of new rubberbands.
"Uh... I'm not very good with shapes...", that's what laptops are for. I checked.
um
"Yes. It is a trapezoid."

A pink necklace for a friendan orange one for another.

Body parts.
Clay creations.
Pickin' raspberries with Grammy.

Warming in the sun. (a late rising for Little Son.)

Swingin'.

And another beauuuuuty-full necklace for Daddy. Whom sported it proudly. (forgot to get a picture of that.)

Dinosaur Plant. (Selaginella Lepidophylla)

Let me just say here... holy moly! This thing (species) has been around since the Carboniferous (359 mya). During that period, it grew to be 120 feet. It has evolved - much due to the ice age - to be a much smaller species in order to survive and tumble, hopefully toward water. It can lie dormant for fifty years. More info here.

Canning. (Everybody out of the kitchen!) >:/

Damn the canning. Who wants to play?
(not by design, honestly, but I had to majorly interrupt my day to take back this game that I bought yesterday -the pirate one- that only had half of its parts! Threw a wrench in my spokes, to be sure. after that, well, you know....)


"Oh, yeah!" says Little Son. "Because white light is actually made up of all the colors of the rainbow!"
Yup.
Not only that, but light is different than solids (paints, for instance)... inasmuch as the primary colors of light are red, green, and blue. An equal balance of all three makes


dun dun duuuuuhn...

white.
Fun.

Chose and printed our stencils for our library totes.

Finished Pippi.

Pirates.
A beer.
aaah.
Much better.

blahblahblog for one
lego star wars for another
and a nap on the couch for the other one.

and then...
[sigh]
Fine.
Peach jam it is.
Wish me luck.
If I live to tell the tale I'll see you tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. I've seen those dino plants and wondered if they really worked....glad to see they do. Will have to pick one up the next time I'm out. Very cool! Love the light pics!

    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, that plant was a little freaky! Really neat, all of the wonderful things that you do with your children. You always inspire us....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me feel better when even *you* who likes to do all sorts of things didn't want to stop the fun for canning. I wish I could grow to love it! I have oodles and oodles of tomatoes and tons of guilt that I just don't *want* to bottle the suckers. Ah well. Hope your peach jam turned out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have one of those plants that was given to us, but I never knew its name. Very cool.

    Love your clay snails!

    When I saw the bead bucket I thought "She's got our bead bucket!" lol

    "That's what a laptop is for." Indubitably.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat day. Making a geoboard is on my list of things to do one day...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!