Wednesday, September 15, 2010

On a Wednesday

Fairy tales, poetry, and Chapter One : In Which - We Are Introduced to Winnie-the Pooh and Some Bees, and the Stories Begin.

We made plans for the day...
Maddie was to head out with our friends to go berry picking.  And to play her made-up game, "Hiding Berries" with her friend Kyan.
The idea just didn't appeal to Trev, so off Maddie goes for the day while Trev and I get to think up big plans of how we're going to spend our day.

Aaaaah - how 'bout The Museum of Ancient Life?
We don't go much because it's expensive (well, to me, anyway...), so I thought "why not?" since it was just the two of us.
I happened to check out the imax theatre, to see if anything interesting was playing... turns out that Sea Rex : Journey To a Prehistoric World, 3D was playing.  Hmmmmm...
We're totally there.

When we got there the new temporary display was all about light and color.
Very cool!
We got to play (at our leisure, as we saw only three sets of people today during our entire visit :) ) at all the different tables, and check out light and lenses and colours.



Trev pulled me out of there eventually, and so back in time we went.
I had forgotten what a cool place that is.  'Specially when it's quiet and empty.

I got to visit with my personal favorites -



Love Petrified Lightning!


And Trevy got to visit with his, too.





We read, and watched short films, and piddled...


and of course saw Sea Rex - which was pretty great.


A couple of times I was a little bothered by the acting, but the information in the film more than made up for it.  They put Prehistory in a really defined frame - I thought they did a great job that would help just about anyone have a better understanding of earth's history.
Trev roamed around the giftshop -twice- not sure which creature to get today,
so eventually we came back toward home to pay a quick visit to our local luxe toyshop to choose one, as we have two Cousins that need birthday presents this weekend anyway.

The rest of the evening was spent on our computers....
with me wondering Where is Maddie???  
' Missed her.

We're home,
and tucked in,
and feeling loved.

All is well.

4 comments:

  1. ooh, we saw sea rex last month! it was fun! love that museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I lived near museums like you do! I think I would love to bring a sketchbook with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw Sea Rex at the New England Aquarium while on vacation this summer. The acting was...not great. I also felt a little sorry for the grandparents and uncle who were with us, as they're not accustomed to prehistory documentaries. But Willow LOVED it, especially the next day when we saw many of those same fossil critters at the Harvard Museum of Natural History.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been on the blogosphere for awhile, and I've been missing your blog. This day sounds like an awesome day with your son. It's really nice to give kids individual time too. I need to remind myself of that. My son would love, love, love that museum. They are very into watching Dinosaur Train right now, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!