Thursday, October 14, 2010

Spider Web

Here's one for you - perfect for a Halloween or birthday party, a rainy day, or fun with The Cousins. :)

My sister is out of town tending to my other sister's family, so I was on duty to hang with The Cousins for a day while their Mama is away.

I took a few things with me for Play - one of them being a ball of inexpensive yarn. I had the idea that it would make a fun game for everyone.

Any room will do that has lots of door knobs, cabinet handles, drawer knobs, nails, heavy furniture....

Tie on the end of the yarn,

and Go!!


Everyone took turns playing and weaving our Spider's Web.




You know this from being a kid and building a fort - don't attach the string to anything that will tip over and bonk you on the head, or to anything beloved that can get pulled over and break.



So fun!

7 comments:

  1. A variation that I remember my mom doing, and then we did it at a Halloween party...
    We did a big spiderweb made out of many strands. At the end of each a small goody bag was tied and hidden. Each guest had a string to find the end of.
    It was so fun watching them weave themselves in and around the web looking for their treasure!

    Yours looks so fun. I LOVE the big, sunny, window-y room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of web-y fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wicked! (grin)

    Looks like a lot of fun -

    I hope your sisters are ok, and you too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister that lives in Maine is on vacation in San Diego with her hubby (sans six kids). :) All's well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love it, Stephanie! That is so cute and looks like so much fun for all ages. Katie put up a web as decoration last year on our front porch, but we never thought of making a game out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, what a great idea!! We have a huge storm coming tomorrow, and I have the perfect yarn for this-- awesome indoor fun:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember Ani getting into something like this last winter - i think it was after reading the minotaur story, getting out of the labyrinth with a thread...lots of fun, and what a great room for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!